The CODA™ mouse rat tail-cuff system was designed to allow accurate blood pressure measurement in mice and rats. Blood pressure is measured in the tail of the mouse or rat using Volume Pressure Recording (VPR) sensor technology. The included software allows you to continuously view data in real-time.
Features & Benefits
- Multifunctional Monitoring Capability Measures systolic, diastolic, and mean blood pressure as well as heart rate,
- Extremely AccurateDiastolic blood pressure is measured, not just calculated
- For Mice and RatsMeasures mice and rats as small as 8 grams and as large as 950 grams
- High SensitivityMeasures dark-skinned mice (C57BL/6) without difficulty
- Versatile ApplicationMeasures awake or anesthetized animals with equal accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- MRI Compatible to measure anesthetized animals in a radiological environment
With the CODA®, you Can Measure
- 4 blood pressure parameters: systolic, diastolic, and mean BP and heart rate
- Mice as small as 8 grams to rats as large as 950 grams
- Diastolic blood pressure measured, not just a calculated value
- Dark-skinned mice (C57BL/6) without difficulty
- Awake or anesthetized animals with equal accuracy, consistency, and reliability
- Anesthetized animals in a radiological environment (MRI compatibility)
CODA™ Data Acquisition Software
If you are interested in analyzing your data, tracking animals or groups of animals, or assigning animals to specific researchers or technicians, you can upgrade the CODA™ Monitor to include the CODA™ Data Acquisition Software. Your monitor can be upgraded at any time.
Note: This software comes standard with the CODA™ High Throughput Monitor only.
What is Volume Pressure Recording (VPR)?
VPR is a clinically validated method to measure blood pressure in mice and rats by determining the tail blood volume using a volume pressure recording sensor and an occlusion tail-cuff. VPR provides 99% correlation with telemetry and direct blood pressure measurements. Only our VPR technology can actually measure the diastolic blood pressure; all other tail-cuff technologies estimate (calculate) the diastolic blood pressure in mice and rats.
- NIBP controller
- Built-in touch screen display
- Far infrared warming pad, 8" x 10"
- A 10-pack of disposable sleeve protectors for the far infrared warming pad
- Non-contact infrared thermometer
- Cuff kit (*size to be defined at time of order)
- Cardiovascular Genomics textbook
- Product manual
- 1-Year 100% Parts & Labor Warranty (Extended 2-Year Warranty available)
- Temperature Monitoring & Homeothermic Control Module RightTemp®
- CODA-PCS42 CODA™ Data Acquisition Software
- Mouse Cuff kit mice 8g–75g
- Rats Cuff kit rats 75g–500g
- Extra-Large Rat Cuff kit rats 500g+
- #1 Holder small mice up to 25g
- #2 Holder medium mice 25g–50g
- #3 Holder large mice 50g–100g
- #4 Holder small rat 75g–200g
- #5 Holder medium rat 200g–300g
- #6 Holder large rat 300g–500g
- #7 Holder extra Large Rat 500g+
- 12 Warranty Standard 1 year (INCLUDED)
- 24 Warranty Basic 2 years (additional charge)